Alternating Pressure/Low Air Loss Therapy
The DermaFloat® APL is a unique therapy system that provides pressure redistribution by alternating pressure between adjacent (A-B) air cells. The alternating pressure in the therapy cells automatically alternates on a regular basis to maximize wound healing. Alternating pressure can aid the healing process by increasing circulation to the resident’s wounds. The DermaFloat APL also offers low air loss therapy through an integrated air delivery system beneath the therapy pad. Alternating pressure and low air loss therapy have been demonstrated to be valuable aids in the treatment of those identified as being at risk of developing pressure ulcers.
- Twenty individual cells help to evenly distribute resident’s weight and maximize pressure redistribution
- Integrated low air loss delivery system: Up to 40 liters airflow per minute when the alternating cycle is complete or unit is in static therapy mode
- Low shear and low friction therapy pad is treated with an antibacterial and antifungal agent and is fluid proof and moisture vapor permeable
- CairRails risk management side air bolsters
- Lightweight mattress rolls up for portability and ease of storage
- Three alternating cycle times
- Eight comfort control settings maximizes resident compliance and promotes healing.
- Fowler Boost inflates sacral section enhancing pressure redistribution when head of bed is elevated at 30º or greater
- Automatic panel lockout to avoid unwanted or unintended adjustments
- Audible power failure alarm with reset
- Pressure Relief: Stage I – IV Pressure Ulcers, Rehabilitation, Burns, Neurology, Dermatology, Amputations
- Pain Management: AIDS, Arthritis, Oncology